As soon as I laid eyes on that massive zucchini, I started Gooling zucchini recipes. This was one of the first ones I found, and I knew right away that I’d love it. This is a great healthy alternative to mozarella sticks. I didn’t have any marinara sauce on hand to dip them in, but I plan on buying some and making these again!
I loved these – but Stas hated them… I ended up eating all of mine, PLUS his.
But in all fairness, he doesn’t care much for zucchini to begin with.
Baked Zucchini Sticks
- equivalent of 3 medium zucchini, sliced into 3″ x 1/2″ sticks
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (or whatever cheese you have on hand)
- cooking spray (or parchment paper)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- fresh pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder, and cheese; shake well. Cove cookie sheet with parchment paper (or spray cookie sheet with cooking spray) and set aside.
3. Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer on parchment paper (optional: spray cooking spray on top).
4. Bake at 425 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Here is the breakdown of Weight Watchers points:
zucchini = 0
1 egg white = 0
1/3 cup bread crumbs = 2
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese = 2