In my post for Chicken Schnitzel with Mushroom Sauce, you may have noticed that I served it with a side of fried shredded potatoes. I guess a neater version of these would be called a “shredded potato pancake”, but I move them around in the pan so much that they don’t come out like a pancake in the end.
I don’t really have a specific recipe for these – I just put it together as I go along. The general idea is:
1. Shred potatoes (however many you want!) in a food processor:
2. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat:
3. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper:
4. Every so often, flip/rotate the potatoes until evenly browned.
5. Serve. Here they are with my chicken schnitzel:
That’s it! Very very simple. This is one of the sides I make for Stan when we’re out of pasta, or when I’ve made him too many mashed potatoes!